Yes, it is possible to borrow money against a class action lawsuit. This type of funding is often referred to as “lawsuit financing” or “pre-settlement funding.”
These loans provide financial assistance to individuals involved in ongoing legal cases, allowing them to cover their expenses while awaiting a settlement.
If you’re in Hawaii and facing financial hardships due to a pending lawsuit, lawsuit loans can be a viable option to ease your financial burden while awaiting a settlement. Mayfair Legal Funding is here to assist you throughout the process, providing support tailored to your specific needs.
At Mayfair Legal Funding, we make the lawsuit loan process in Hawaii as easy and accessible as possible. Our goal is to provide you with the financial support you need during your legal journey. Here’s a simplified overview of the process:
- Start by filling out our straightforward application with your case details. We’ll review your information and consult with your attorney to assess your eligibility.
- Once approved, you’ll receive an offer tailored to your case. We take into account the potential value of your settlement, ensuring that you get the funding you deserve.
- Upon acceptance of our offer, we’ll quickly disburse the funds you need. You can use this money to cover immediate expenses, giving you peace of mind during your lawsuit.
- The best part is, if your case doesn’t result in a favorable outcome, you owe us nothing. Lawsuit loans are non-recourse, meaning you only repay us if you win your case.
- When your settlement is reached, you’ll use the funds to repay the loan. Our transparent terms and competitive rates make the repayment process straightforward.
- We understand that time is of the essence, so we strive to make the entire process quick and hassle-free. Our goal is to provide you with the financial stability you need during your legal battle.
Mayfair Legal Funding is your trusted partner in Hawaii when it comes to lawsuit loans. We’ve simplified the process to ensure that you can focus on your case without the burden of financial stress. Don’t let the cost of litigation hold you back; Mayfair Legal Funding is here to support you every step of the way.
Understanding Hawaii’s personal injury laws is essential for individuals seeking pre-settlement funding, as these laws can influence the process and lending policies. Here’s an informative overview of how Hawaii’s legal framework impacts pre-settlement funding:
Statute of Limitations – In Hawaii, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is two years. This means you have two years from the date of your injury to file a claim. It’s important to act promptly to preserve your right to seek compensation.
Modified Comparative Fault – Hawaii follows a modified comparative fault system. Under this system, if you’re partially responsible for your injuries, your compensation may be reduced proportionally. For example, if you’re found to be 20% at fault for an accident and your total damages are $10,000, you would receive $8,000, which is the 80% of the total damages.
Car Accident Fault System – Hawaii operates under a no-fault system for car accidents. This means that, in most cases, your own insurance company covers your medical expenses, regardless of who was at fault. However, in cases of serious injury, you still have the right to seek compensation from the at-fault party.
It’s important to note that while Hawaii’s laws provide a legal framework for personal injury cases, they can be complex. Consulting with an experienced attorney is crucial to navigating the intricacies of personal injury law and understanding how it may impact your eligibility for pre-settlement funding.
Lawsuit loans, often referred to as pre-settlement funding, provide crucial financial support to individuals who are involved in ongoing legal disputes. These loans are not exclusive to Hawaii; they are available across the United States to help plaintiffs manage their financial needs during the often lengthy legal process.
A lawsuit loan is essentially a cash advance against the expected settlement or verdict in a lawsuit. It allows plaintiffs to access a portion of their future compensation upfront, helping them cover immediate expenses such as medical bills, living costs, and other fees that may arise. Importantly, these loans are non-recourse, meaning that if the case doesn’t result in a favorable outcome, the borrower is not obligated to repay the loan.
Mayfair Legal Funding specializes in providing lawsuit loans and offers this vital financial lifeline to individuals in Hawaii and beyond who find themselves in challenging legal situations. Our mission is to ease the financial strain that often accompanies legal battles, allowing you to focus on your case without the burden of mounting bills and expenses.
Mayfair Legal Funding proudly serves clients in various cities across Hawaii, providing lawsuit loans to individuals who are navigating legal challenges. Our commitment to assisting those in need extends to numerous major cities in the state. Mayfair Legal Funding offers its valuable pre-settlement funding services to the following cities:
- Pearl City
- Mililani Town
- Ewa Gentry
- Mililani Mauka
- Schofield Barracks
- Ewa Beach
- Royal Kunia
No matter where you are in Hawaii, if you’re facing a legal battle and require financial assistance, Mayfair Legal Funding is here to help. Our services extend across the state, ensuring that individuals in these major cities have access to the support they need during their legal journey.
In Hawaii, like in many other states, specific laws and regulations govern lawsuit funding to ensure fairness and protection for consumers seeking pre-settlement funding. These laws include:
Modified Comparative Fault – In the state of Hawaii, pre-settlement loans fall under the regulation of Modified Comparative Fault. This legal framework stipulates that “as long as the plaintiff’s share of fault does not exceed that of the combined fault of the defendants, they are eligible for recovery, with their awarded amount reduced proportionally based on their own share of fault.”
Coverage and Policy Limits – Hawaii State laws require that you should have a car insurance policy that follows the minimum limits, but you are free to increase them or add more coverage based on your needs and desires. Hawaii follows the 20/40/10 rule, which should be:
- $20,000 in bodily injury per person
- $40,000 in bodily injury per accident
- $10,000 in property damage
- $10,000 in personal injury protection
Here’s how these laws and regulations affect consumers looking to get a lawsuit loan in Hawaii:
Consumer Protection – Hawaii’s consumer laws protect consumers from unfair lending practices, ensuring that they are not burdened with exorbitant interest rates.
Clarity – The requirement for transparency guarantees that borrowers fully comprehend the terms of their loans, promoting informed decisions.
Mayfair Legal Funding adheres to these regulations while offering competitive rates and reliable lawsuit funding services in Hawaii.
Contact Mayfair Legal Funding Today
If you’re in need of financial support for your legal journey in Hawaii, don’t hesitate to reach out to Mayfair Legal Funding. We understand the challenges you may be facing and are here to assist you every step of the way.
1. Law Office of William H. Lawson
1188 Bishop St. Suite 2902
Honolulu, HI 96813
Phone: (808) 671-7600
2. Davis Levin Livingston
400 Davis Levin Livingston Place
851 Fort Street, Ste 400
Honolulu, HI 96813
Phone: (808) 740-0633
3. Shim & Chang, Attorneys at Law
345 Queen Street, Suite 900
Honolulu, Hawaii 96813
Phone: (808) 524-5803
4. Turbin Chu Heidt, Attorneys at Law
737 Bishop Street, Suite 2730
Honolulu, HI 96813
Hiring a competent, experienced, and licensed personal injury attorney in Hawaii is crucial when pursuing a claim. Here’s why:
- Legal Know-How. Personal injury law can be complex, and it’s important to have someone who understands the intricacies of Hawaii’s legal system. Competent attorneys can navigate the specific laws and regulations that apply to your case.
- Case Assessment. Experienced attorneys can assess the strength of your case accurately. They can evaluate the evidence, identify potential challenges, and provide you with realistic expectations regarding the outcome of your claim.
- Negotiation Skills. Personal injury attorneys are skilled negotiators. They can engage with insurance companies and opposing parties to secure the best possible settlement on your behalf, ensuring you receive fair compensation for your injuries.
- Court Representation. If your case goes to court, having a seasoned attorney by your side is essential. They can advocate for your rights, present your case effectively, and increase your chances of a favorable ver
- Maximizing Compensation. A competent attorney’s goal is to maximize your compensation. They can help you recover damages for medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other losses you may have incurred due to the accident.
- Peace of Mind. Knowing that you have a skilled attorney handling your case allows you to focus on your recovery without the stress of legal complexities.
Hiring an experienced and licensed personal injury attorney in Hawaii is a critical step in ensuring that your rights are protected and that you receive fair compensation for your injuries. These professionals can guide you through the legal process and work tirelessly to secure the best possible outcome for your case.
According to the data from the Hawaii Department of Transportation, there were a total of 103 fatalities resulting from car accidents in 2021. Among these fatalities, 33 were attributed to alcohol impairment, and 39 were related to speeding. Additionally, 37 fatalities involved motorcycles. These statistics underscore the importance of road safety measures and the need for continued efforts to reduce accidents and save lives on Hawaii’s roads.
Below is the table summarizing the most recent car accident statistics in Hawaii for the year 2021, sourced from the Hawaii Department of Transportation’s preliminary year-end traffic fatality data. These statistics provide valuable insights in the state’s road safety.